Skip to main content

...and One Thing Lead to Another: Anna Maria Horner




SOLD
It's a couple of years now and I wanted to take a little time for thank you’s to all the women that inspire me in this creative journey I have taken up. They are an encouraging reminder of the full life one can have as a mom, wife and artist/entrepreneur. They show that one can have her cake and eat, too.

For starters, let me say that the first blog I ever read was that of Kim Miles.

Glass Beads by Kim Miles
Bead Magazine some fabulous torch fire glass beads that seem to hold the most beautiful pink roses inside. So, I Googled her name to see what else this brilliant person was creating, and there she was, sharing with us her gift in her blog. She even has a small tutorial on her site to show us how she creates these small gems.

Still, I didn’t think to write a blog. I got a new sewing machine instead, thanks to another friend who was also very inspirational and taught me a lot about sewing. She introduced me to GOOD quilting fabric and I fell in love with the designs of Anna Maria Horner. I Google her name, too and ran across her blog, where she records and shares with us of the wonderful and at times messy things about being an artist. She shares not only her inspirational space, but the truth of being a mom working from home, where things aren’t always perfect, but things get done and a family can be very happy.

The colors of her designs draw you in to her posts, but the funny stories of the artist’s life keep me reading, and every once in a while, it’s a nice break from m own busy-ness. One day as I was reading her blog, I saw at the top right hand corner a button that said “Create Blog.” I was sure it cost money and lots of time, but I was curious. So I dared pushed it, and the rest is history.
I am so thankful to those of you that continue to read what has become my little journey into oil painting and jewelry making, and giving me the opportunity to share with you what I find inspiring in others. I love sharing it with you.

There are other women that I have inspired me so, among them Danielle Embry, Samantha Lamb (a fellow Okie), Megan Hawkins, Leslie Lienau, Diane Hoeptner, Carla Anglada, Tracey Harris and so many others. All have been generous with their knowledge and experience, along with their witty stories of encouragement.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Labor of Love

Sunflowers in Cobalt Blue Vase,   Oil on 5 "x7"   Linen Panel SOLD  Private Collection in San Saba, TX First, I must say that everything I paint is because I absolutely love. I don't like to paint things that I don't find to be attractive to me for one reason or another. Sometimes it's sentimental reasons and other times it's as simple as beautiful colors or the texture. Either way, it's something that I want to capture and stare at for long periods of time. I want to study it and how it affects the environment around it, as in the case of Sunflowers in Cobalt Blue Vase does. In that respect, I feel ALL my paintings are a labor of love.  More often than not, I have to create a painting, wipe it all down, and start all over again if something is just not working. Some never get completed and I just end up painting something totally different on that panel. Then there are some, that I just have to paint, no matter how much trouble they are giving

Summer Paintings

Chanel Book with Roses, 6"x8" Oil on linen Panel S OLD Private Collection in  Pearland, TX Raspberries in Blue and White Bowl, 6"x6" Oil on linen Panel Click here to bid on available paintings.  Seashell with Blue Feather, 5"x7" Oil on linen Panel S OLD Private Collection in  College Station, TX  

The Apple Tree that Could

Peonies in Glass Vase,   Oil on 5 "x7"   Linen Panel SOLD Private Collection in Lebanon, IN  Green Apple,   Oil on 6 "x6"   Linen Panel S OLD Private Collection in  NewCanaan, CT    This little painting is of an apple from an apple tree on our property. I've been babying it for about four years now. To my surprise, last year it finally gave apples. However, after a couple of days of seeing the tree with lots of apples adorning its branches, I took my daughter to see the little miracle, but ALL the apples were gone. She looked at me as though I was trying to pull her leg. This year, the tree was filled with even more apples. I hope they mature well so that I may share with my neighbor that's been admiring it.  Still Life with Chanel,   Oil on 5 "x7"   Linen Panel S OLD Private Collection in Pacifica, CA